These exercises, including kickbacks, tricep press and more, and are great exercises for your triceps muscles.
- Beginners: Choose 1 – 2 exercises, 1 set of 14 – 16 reps
- Intermediate-Advanced/Muscle Building: 3 – 5 exercises, 3 or more sets of 6 – 8 reps
- Intermediate-Advanced/Muscle Endurance: 2 – 3 exercises, 2-3 sets of 10 – 16 reps
Hold weights in hands and bend over until torso is parallel to the floor. Bend elbows and pull them even with back.Straighten arms behind you, squeezing the triceps and slowly lower back down.
- One arm at a time, With cables or bands
Sit or stand and hold a dumbbell with both hands, elbows bent behind the head to 90 degrees. Straighten the arms, squeezing the triceps.
- One arm at a time
- Holding plate or medicine ball
- Tricep Extension Machine
Tricep Press (a.k.a. Skull Crushers)
Lie on a bench and hold a light barbell with hands shoulder-width apart, palms out. Bend elbows to 90 degrees, lowering the weight towards the head. Squeeze the triceps to push back to start.
- Resistance Bands/cables
Sit on a bench with hands right next to hips. Bring hips in front of bench and bend elbows to no lower than 90 degrees. Push back up without locking elbows. If you have wrist or shoulder problems, skip this move.
Close-Grip Bench Press
Lie on a bench and hold a barbell with a narrow grip, palms facing out. Lower the weight down towards the ribcage, bringing the elbows below the body. Squeeze the triceps to push the weight back up.